LATEST ARTICLES

health benefits of bananas
What's the top thing to do if you're in Covid-19 lockdown? People are doing jigsaws, working out, and drinking on screen. According to HuffPost the top Covid-19 lockdown activity is making banana bread. Do you sometimes wonder whether your favorite fruit was good for you? Perhaps the surprising health benefits of...
healthy old banana recipes
When bananas start to show their brown spots, they become less appealing as a snack. Many people are guilty of watching their bananas go bad on their counter, and eventually just throwing them out. You might be one of them. But there's no need to toss your bad old bananas. There are actually a lot of recipes...
banana dishes
Bananas are a key part of many nations' cuisine; thus, it should come as no surprise that there are many delicious banana dishes worldwide! If you want to travel the world right from your own kitchen, try whipping up some of these recipes at home! It's hard to get lost in translation with a...
benefits of eating bananas
A whopping 80 million bananas are produced every single year. Perhaps even more interestingly, 80 percent of those yellow fruits remain in the four main countries where they're produced: Brazil, China, Ecuador and India. Of the remaining 20 percent, 75 percent of them end up in the United States. The fact that the U.S. only gets 15 percent of...
vegan banana recipes
Bananas are cheap, plentiful, and a great and healthy snack. They even come with their own wrapper! Cooking with them is a lot of fun and they can replace other ingredients with ease (so long as you like the taste of bananas, that is!). While many recipes online have bananas paired with animal products,...
paleo banana recipes
On a paleo diet, you eat a lot of what our ancestors ate as hunter-gatherers. But you have access to a fridge and stovetop, so you can use the same ingredients in new ways. Consider these paleo banana recipes for ways to use your overripe bananas without breaking your diet. Chocolate...
freezing bananas
The average American consumes about 28 pounds worth of bananas every year! How many bananas are you eating every day? If you're buying bananas by the hand, you might find your bananas going bad before you can enjoy them. By freezing bananas, you can discover new ways to put your bananas to good use.
different types of bananas
Bananas are a good source of potassium, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and antioxidants. They’re a pantry staple all over the world. Almost all cultures have recipes for banana dishes of their own. They’re so versatile that you can either eat them raw like a snack, make them into a drink or smoothie, put...
banana ideas
Did you know Americans consume 3.2 billion pounds of bananas every year? If you’re looking for materials to use for your next art project, why not use something that almost everyone has in the house? You guessed it- bananas. Read on for ten creative banana ideas for your next arts and crafts project.  1. Toothpick Banana...
banana drinks
Potassium is an essential nutrient. Every cell in the human body requires it to function. But unfortunately, less than 2% of Americans take in the recommended amount of potassium.  The good news is there is about 425 mg of potassium per every medium-sized banana.  Bananas are an awesome...